Visit us on Facebook
Welcome to Dr Royle & Partners, Birchwood Medical Centre
Practice news ....
PLEASE DON'T FORGET TO COMPLETE OUR FRIENDS & FAMILY TEST THERE ARE THREE WAYS TO DO IT
The NHS wants to ensure that you have the best possible experience of care. The Friends and Family test is a way of gathering your feedback about this experience and helping to drive improvement in services. Take the Friends and Family test today by clicking on the image(left).Alternatively please complete a form at reception and pop it in the box in the waiting room. Finally you can complete a simple survey when you use your telephone or mobile to book an appointment.
Your feedback is important to us as it helps us be more responsive to your needs.
Wirral measles outbreak prompts Summer MMR call
- Cases of measles in Wirral continue to rise
- Unimmunised children and young adults are at risk, particularly if travelling to parts of Europe where there are large ongoing measles outbreaks, or to other countries where measles vaccination coverage is low and measles is endemic
- Teenagers and young adults should also be fully vaccinated before travelling and attending festivals and other summer events
Measles is a highly infectious viral illness, so anyone with symptoms is also being advised to stay at home and phone their GP or NHS 111 for advice, rather than visiting the surgery or A&E, to prevent the illness spreading further. It is possible for anyone at any age to get measles and the illness can be more severe in teenagers and adults than in young children.
As the summer months bring increased travel and public gatherings, PHE is warning that the figure could rise even further and are working with Wirral Council and the NHS to make sure anyone who needs an MMR vaccine is aware.
Check your child’s Red Book to see if they’ve received two MMR vaccinations as scheduled, or check with your GP surgery if you’re unsure. Your GP surgery can arrange for vaccination if needed.
IMPORTANT CHANGES TO REPEAT PRESCRIPTION ORDERING FROM 27TH SEPTEMBER 2017 - Read more
Birchwood Medical Centre is working with NHS Warrington Clinical Commissioning Group (CCG), the local commissioners, to evaluate the repeat ordering pilot we are taking part in.
We are looking for your views on the impact of the pilot - how it may have affected you and your family/carers. You can have your say by:
Going online and completing the survey by following this link: www.surveymonkey.co.uk/r/repeatordering
Contacting the Communications and Engagement Team at NHS Warrington CCG on 01925 843745 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
- We are taking part in the repeat ordering pilot to contribute to a safer, more efficient service for patients and to help reduce stock piles of unused medicines.
- This will also enable GPs to have a better ability to monitor what medicines you do and do not use - information that will help discussions about choosing the right medication for you.
- Our NHS needs everyone to work together to make sure only medicines that are needed are requested.
- The CCG has looked at areas around the country and has seen that when patients order their own prescriptions this is safer and reduces waste.
- Over-ordering, stockpiling and unused medicines cost the NHS hundreds of millions of pounds every year. This is money that we believe can, and should, go to provide vital health services.
- The evaluation period runs from Monday 23rd April until Sunday 20th May 2018.
During this time, the pilot will be continuing and patients will still be required to order.
NATIONAL DIABETES AUDIT: helping to improve diabetes care - read more
Ask Ollie Website: Information for families and young people - read more
NOW ABOUT US .....
Birchwood Medical Centre has been established since 1976 and serves the communities of Birchwood (Oakwood, Locking Stumps & Gorse Covert) as well as Croft and Culcheth to the north together with Longbarn and Cinnamon Brow to the east. Our current list size is 11,375.
We operate from modern large purpose built premises near to the shopping centre in Birchwood.
Our team includes nine GPs, three senior nurses, three health care assistants, a practice manager with four secretaries, three reception staff and nine admin staff.
We offer full general medical practice services and additional and enhanced services from our team.
At Birchwood Medical Centre, we aim to treat all our patients promptly, courteously and in complete confidence. We feel it is important you know who you are speaking to, so our practice staff will identify themselves on the telephone.
Birchwood Medical Centre is a 'training practice'. This means hospital doctors wanting to enter general practice spend twelve months with us in order to gain the experience they need to become family doctors.We also have medical students from Liverpool and Manchester Universities. We also have F2 doctors who spend 4 months in general practice as part of postgraduate training. As a training practice, your medical records may be used for educational purposes.
This website is for both existing patients and those considering registering with us. It tells you about our services, how to access them and some general information about how our practice operates. The practice is within the Warrington NHS area.
SystmOne Online Services - Repeat Prescriptions and Appointments
If you have a SystmOne on-line user name and password, please use this link to order your repeat prescriptions or book your appointment online. Please Note that any controlled drugs cannot be sent electronically to your nominated pharmacy.
If you are interested in this on - line service, including access to a summary care record, please contact reception for a code.
(Site updated 16/10/2018)